EICT Institute – Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 2
Nowadays, youth need not be reminded to acquire vocational education that can render them independent, self-employed and subsequently, employers of labour. In a nutshell, there are many types of entrepreneurs, being an artisan gives one joy to possess technical skills and little knowledge to setup in business.
Assessing potentials in the organization need extra effort from an artisan entrepreneur to attain other managerial skills. Notably, “man was not initially born as an erudite”; upon seeking knowledge in every circumstance, let him become master.
Identifying ways to attain competitive advantage need observations and you may need to commence such survey in an organization where you are currently working, examine their SWOT and try to create a new product or service that can enable people in your surroundings to notice you, obtain feedback and gradually reach out to many customers.
- Business opportunities exist for those who can create attractive products or services.
- Customer service should be at heart while performing all other activities of the business.
- The organization you are currently working with should be aligned with the skills you have possessed, if not so, go volunteer elsewhere at your free time in order to exercise your earlier skills.
The above Newsletter is brought to you in commemorating ‘Global Entrepreneurship Week’. We however use the medium to exchange ideas on the concept of SWOT analysis.
- Identify the positive and negative factors in an organization you are currently working with, i.e. what are the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) you have examined in the working place?
- How do you examine SWOT for your incoming business?
Follow us on our Facebook Page to add your comments and Join the discussion.